23.8.11

Breakfast Quinoa

Well, I can only assume you followed my every move and made the quinoa kale salad from before and now have left over quinoa. 
You wake in the morning, yawn, stretch, and pad to the kitchen. And behold! O mighty quinoa, you are sitting in a container in my fridge! Come to my belly, my child!

This recipe is easy and yummy and can be switched around as much as you like. No need for peaches when you have pears. No need for cow juice when you want rice milk. Go ahead. Play with it.

Breakfast Quinoa with Peaches 
serves 2. under 10 mins
adapted from Joy the Baker


1 cup cooked quinoa
pinch of salt
2 tbsps applesauce
2 tbsps shredded coconut
4 tbsps slivered almonds
2-3 peaches, sliced
milk (or non-dairy equivalent) to taste
brown sugar to taste

Toast the almonds and coconut (in a toaster oven or normal oven) if you want it to be extra delicious (I'm usually too lazy). Combine with the quinoa, applesauce, almonds, coconut, peaches, a sprinkling of sugar and a splash of milk. Serve warm or cold.

note: if you don't have cooked quinoa on hand, this recipe will show you how to make it.



No comments:

Post a Comment